Stay tuned to this page as I live-blog the TCU Brass’ 7:30 PM (central) premiere of my competition-winning fanfare Change Ringing at the Meyerson Symphony Center in Dallas, TX, followed by the Dallas Winds’ concert event “Game On.” Pictures, audio, and additional will follow, so be sure to also check out my FaceBook page and my Instagram feed!
Hello, all! I’m excited to once again be hitting the road this coming week, as I give a quick three-day tour of lectures, clinics, and composition premieres in Texas. Here’s the itinerary:
- Monday, March 23
- 500 PM – Texas Christian University Brass. I will be attending the TCU Brass Ensemble’s final rehearsal of my fanfare “Change Ringing,” which this fine group will premiere at the Dallas Winds concert on Tuesday, March 24th, under the direction of Bobby Francis.
- Tuesday, March 24
- 9:30 AM – Baylor University. I’ll be giving a guest lecture to the Music Education majors at Baylor University. Thanks to Dr. Russ Gavin for hosting me for this event.
- 2:30 PM – University High School. I’m excited to be working with the University High School concert bands, directed by Mr. Archie Hatten, in Waco, TX. I also have the pleasure of writing their halftime show music for the coming season.
- 7:30 PM – I’m excited to hear the brass section of the TCU wind program premiere my fanfare “Change Ringing,” which was chosen as one of several winners of the Dallas Winds’ annual “Call for Fanfares” competition. I’m honored that I’ll get to hear such wonderful musicians premiering my music in a beautiful venue.
- Wednesday, March 25
- 8:00 AM – I’ll be working with the fine bands at Rosemont Middle School in Fort Worth, TX. Thanks to their band director Mr. Brent Schooley for inviting me!
There you have it! I’m so excited to work with and hear all of these great ensembles and their conductors. I’ll be sure to record, photograph, and live-share it all on social media.
Even though we’re all thinking about and working on concert band preparations right now, the fall marching band season is beginning to creep into the edge of our consciousness! That’s why I want to plant a reminder of my services available for your marching band. I believe you would find my work to be exciting, reliable, expedient, and practical. And I will always work to fit into your program’s budget. If you’re interested, learn more on my services page, and please feel free to contact me!
I’m excited to be spending this afternoon and evening judging the Minnesota Region 2AA Large Group Festival here at Orono High School. I’m looking forward to hearing some great performances and interacting with wonderful students and directors!