The Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps are pleased to sponsor Dr. Ward Miller’s tour of guest clinics, lectures, and conducting instruction at colleges, universities, and high schools across the Midwest. For the fourth year in a row, the “Partnering with Music Education” tour allows Dr. Miller to reach out and work with our finest music educators and young musicians in the band world.
“Dr. Miller’s tour of band programs each fall has become an important part of our outreach to music educators and students,” said Blue Stars Executive Director Brad Furlano. “We are pleased to have someone with Ward’s talents as part of our organization, and this tour allows him to share his knowledge and enthusiasm for music and the performing arts throughout the Midwest.”
Currently, the tour is scheduled to visit the following destinations. More guest appearances are being scheduled as we speak, so look for the list to be updated!
- University of Minnesota Marching Band (Minneapolis, MN) – Wednesday, September 13
- River Falls High School (River Falls, WI) – Wednesday, September 20
- Portage High School (Portage, WI) – Thursday, September 21
- Minnesota State University (Mankato, MN) – Thursday, September 21
- Youngstown State University (Youngstown, OH) – Tuesday-Thursday, September 26-28
- Memorial High School (Eau Claire, WI) – Monday, October 2
- University of Wisconsin – La Crosse (La Crosse, WI) – Tuesday, October 3
- Greendale High School (Greendale, WI) – Tuesday, October 3
- Onalaska High School (Onalaska, WI) – Wednesday, October 4
- Lowndes High School “Georgia Bridgemen” (Valdosta, GA) – Monday-Wednesday, October 9-11
- Western Illinois University (Macomb, IL) – Tuesday, October 17
- University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA) – Wednesday, October 18
- Rock Island High School (Rock Island, IL) – Wednesday-Thursday, October 18-19
- University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign, IL) – Friday, October 20
- Milford High School (Milford, OH) – Monday-Thursday, October 23-26
- University of Louisville (Louisville, KY) – Wednesday, October 25
- Miami University of Ohio (Oxford, OH) – Thursday, October 26
- University of Kentucky (Lexington, KY) – Friday, October 27
- Central High School (La Crosse, WI) – Thursday, November 2
The Blue Stars, a World Class drum and bugle corps based in La Crosse, WI, is a perennial DCI World Championships Finalist. The Blue Stars will hold a series of Fall audition camps for their 2018 corps at sites throughout the United States, and via video. For more information, visit www.bluestars.org.